Config check request failed

This is the place to discuss DynFi Manager's generic questions.

Moderator: gregober

dea75

Config check request failed

Post by dea75 » 25 Jan 2021, 09:31

Hello,

I'm running DynFi 20.3.5 on Debian 10 server on premise, works well, but randomly I can't update the configs, if I force to update I can see an error like "config check request failed", firewalls are on line and "check for updates" works.
If I try to reboot the VM, than works correctly... "config check requested" is green and update.

Please note, the db is encrypted, I'm not sure, but before I applied the encryption it seemed to work fine.

Very thanks
dea75

Re: Config check request failed

Post by dea75 » 26 Jan 2021, 14:27

No, I've just tried to remove encryption on DB, the problem persist.

A very important note: if I restart dynfi service, than works fine (for some time...)
gregober

Post by gregober » 31 Jan 2021, 17:10

dea75 wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 14:27 No, I've just tried to remove encryption on DB, the problem persist.

A very important note: if I restart dynfi service, than works fine (for some time...)
You have to understand that the config backup is an automated process and It will only be triggered if the config file has changed.

So has your config file changed before you force the config backup ?
Normally you shouldn't have to "force this".
StevenD

Post by StevenD » 23 Jun 2021, 12:08

dea75 wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 09:31 Hello,

I'm running DynFi 20.3.5 on Debian 10 server on premise, works well, but randomly I can't update the configs, if I force to update I can see an error like "config check request failed", firewalls are on line and "check for updates" works.
If I try to reboot the VM, than works correctly... "config check requested" is green and update.

Please note, the db is encrypted, I'm not sure, but before I applied the encryption it seemed to work fine.

Very thanks
If you want to know why you're getting 404.2 error messages or request start hanging, use failed-request tracing.