unable to delete device

This is the place to discuss DynFi Manager's generic questions.

Moderator: gregober

martin98475

unable to delete device

Post by martin98475 » 07 May 2021, 15:16

Hello,

since the last update to 21.0.3, I can't delete old devices anymore.

First I see the message: Device is scheduled for deletion. Dynfi Manager will delete the device as soon as possible.

After a few hours the device is still there. Then I'm trying to delete it again and I see this message: Device cannot be deleted.

I've tried to delete several firewalls/devices. Always the same error....

Any help is appreciated.

Martin
gregober

Re: unable to delete device

Post by gregober » 07 May 2021, 15:29

This is quite strange, I just conducted a test and was able to delete the firewall with no problem.

Please note that we do not support pfSense-plus devices which are based on a closed source software.
Maybe your devices were automatically modified and "upgraded" to the pfSense-plus and can't be deleted anymore.

Please let us know which version your firewalls are using.
Having a look at the logs can also help.

Some explanation on the latest features available in DynFi Manager are available here : https://youtu.be/j_DFGPbT-3g
dckjg

Post by dckjg » 16 Dec 2022, 11:25

Hi,
I initially saw the notification that the device is going to be deleted. The device will be deleted as soon as feasible by Dynfi Manager.The object is still there several hours later. I then attempt to delete it once more when I receive the following message: Device cannot be erased.I've tried removing a number of firewalls and gadgets. The same mistake keeps occurring.I work as a chair and mobiles.
Thank you.
gregober

Post by gregober » 16 Dec 2022, 12:04

Can you confirm which version of DynFi Manager you are running on ?
This is found on the lower part of the screen close to the copyright.