New to Dynfi Manager - a few questions

This is the place to discuss DynFi Manager's generic questions.

Moderator: gregober

gregober

Re: New to Dynfi - a few questions

Post by gregober » 22 Jun 2022, 09:53

Hello Charles and thanks for your question.
1. Does it work with pfSense "Community Edition"?
Absolutely, DynFi Manager only works with the Open Source Edition of pfSense.
Some changes have been made by Netgate forbidding us to access the devices using SSH in their "pfSense+".

We are also fervent supporters of Open Source and found it disturbing that Netgate is embedding a closed source software in all devices they are selling while at the same time marketing Open Source… OPNsense acts in the exact same way.
2. How best to secure access to the Dynfi SaaS system so that a hacker doesn't use it to get to clients like happened with Kaseya? Ideally, I'd like to see IP filtering so we can restrict access to our network and also MFA with Push notifications using Duo Security, Authy or similar. This is my biggest concern with this product.
Absolutely, all our users have a unique IP address + URL associated with their SaaS deployment.

We offer free of charge the setup of a FW rule to restrict IP access to a limited set of customer's IP(s) efficiently forbidding the rest of the Internet to access your service.

3. I see docs on setting up the on-prem, but I'm not seeing docs to the SaaS system. I'd like to read through it to better understand the capabilities.
Both the On-Prem and the SaaS version are using the exact same source code. So the only difference between the two is that we are offering complementary hosting services for the SaaS version which includes :
  • setup of the service
  • configuration of the IP stack
  • configuration of a dedicated DNS such as https://[customer].client.dynfi.com/
  • automated backup of the service
  • upgrade of service when a new version is released
Thanks for yourquestions !
gregober

New to Dynfi Manager - a few questions

Post by gregober » 22 Jun 2022, 10:26

I'm considering signing up for the SaaS option.
We are an MSP and manage about 50 firewalls. Just a few quick questions that I don't see answers to in the docs.

1. Does it work with pfSense "Community Edition"?
2. How best to secure access to the Dynfi SaaS system so that a hacker doesn't use it to get to clients like happened with Kaseya? Ideally, I'd like to see IP filtering so we can restrict access to our network and also MFA with Push notifications using Duo Security, Authy or similar. This is my biggest concern with this product.
3. I see docs on setting up the on-prem, but I'm not seeing docs to the SaaS system. I'd like to read through it to better understand the capabilities.

Thanks!
Charles