Interesting Solution, seeking user reviews.

This is the place to discuss DynFi Manager's generic questions.

Moderator: gregober

NugTech

Interesting Solution, seeking user reviews.

Post by NugTech » 10 May 2020, 03:43

First, I would like to say that I'm happy to see centralised management for my favorite firewall. Looking forward to trying it out.

Second, I wish I could find some user reviews or YT videos for this product. Anyone here have any feedback compared to other solutions?

Third, I work in the smart home/automation industry. I recently took a position where I call the shots regarding purchasing. We need to manage numerous sites with a variety of interfaces, and frankly the brands used before my employment are lackluster.

I've used pfSense for years, but need a solution with central management (my boss needs to be able to use it in case I'm sick or something). My first choice with management is Unifi, but the UDM line seems hit or miss, and the new UXG line is still in beta.

This looks like a great solution for us, just would love to see more information before we jump in.
gregober

Re: Interesting Solution, seeking user reviews.

Post by gregober » 13 May 2020, 15:03

First of all, thanks for your nice post.
NugTech wrote: 10 May 2020, 03:43 First, I would like to say that I'm happy to see centralised management for my favorite firewall. Looking forward to trying it out.

Second, I wish I could find some user reviews or YT videos for this product. Anyone here have any feedback compared to other solutions?

Third, I work in the smart home/automation industry. I recently took a position where I call the shots regarding purchasing. We need to manage numerous sites with a variety of interfaces, and frankly the brands used before my employment are lackluster.

I've used pfSense for years, but need a solution with central management (my boss needs to be able to use it in case I'm sick or something). My first choice with management is Unifi, but the UDM line seems hit or miss, and the new UXG line is still in beta.

This looks like a great solution for us, just would love to see more information before we jump in.
First of all, thanks for your nice post.

There is a youtube video for DynFi Manager that is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfHwUztEHqE
It is now getting a bit old and it is in French… but that still might give you a global sense of some of the features which are available.

We would be happy to offer comparison with other solution, but for the time being, there are no other solution available which can be deployed OnPremise or as SaaS.

We can grant you access to our demo platform if you want, we have couple of firewall devices available with pfSense and OPNsense for you to test the DynFi Manager in "real condition". If you are interested, simply drop us an e-mail at : info at dynfi dot com.

You most probably want to give it a spin: our software can be freely downloaded and installed https://dynfi.com/download with no limitation but the number of devices you can manage (limited to three).

Please do contact us if you have more questions.