Licensing for on-prem

This is the place to discuss DynFi Manager's generic questions.

Moderator: gregober

michael

Licensing for on-prem

Post by michael » 07 Nov 2022, 14:19

Hi,

I am currently trialling dynfi manager and so far it looks brilliant! I have a question about licensing, if I want to manage more than 3 firewalls do you pay for additional firewalls or do you have to license them all, for example if I go from 3 firewalls to 4 firewalls, do I need a license for 1 firewall or 4?

Thanks

Michael
gregober

Re: Licensing for on-prem

Post by gregober » 09 Nov 2022, 14:55

I am currently trialling dynfi manager and so far it looks brilliant! I have a question about licensing, if I want to manage more than 3 firewalls do you pay for additional firewalls or do you have to license them all, for example if I go from 3 firewalls to 4 firewalls, do I need a license for 1 firewall or 4?
The three first devices can be used freely, for trial purposes.
If you decide to use DynFi Manager, you will need to buy all licenses required for your usage (so if you need 10 licenses, you'll need to buy all 10 of them).

What we offer is a very easy way to upgrade from the number of devices you currently have under license to a larger number of devices.

For exemple, let's say you have acquired 10 licenses for one year and you want to add 10 more licenses after six months, you'll only need to pay for the remaining amount of time between the date of your new purchase and the date the license will be renewed (so in our exemple you'll pay 1/2 price for the 10 licenses).

When licenses are renewed, you will renew all 20 of them.

Basically you can upgrade any time and will only pay the ∆.

More info on licenses here: https://dynfi.com/documentation/licenses.html