DynFi Firewall & DNS Filtering with DynFi Firewall and Unbound

This forum is intended to provide straightforward answers for people trying to use DynFi Firewall Open Source firewalls.
We might also try to answer questions related to competitors firewall such as pfSense® and OPNsense® systems.

Moderator: gregober

saleh

Re: DynFi Firewall & DNS Filtering with DynFi Firewall and Unbound

Post by saleh » 21 Dec 2022, 19:43

Could you please update me regarding my previous message.
Thank you.
gregober

Re: DynFi Firewall & DNS Filtering with DynFi Firewall and Unbound

Post by gregober » 22 Dec 2022, 11:08

I think the problem occurred because our internet service provider forward all dns traffic on port 53 to own DNS servers so that the selected rpz list is not downloaded. The DNS is working properly only via DNS over TLS like the attached file. Is there any way to let the Firewall to communicate with ip address 188.165.99.8 with port 853 TLS instead the standard port 53.
We are using standard way of communication for our DNS servers, which are defined in various RFC.
Setting up a DNS over TLS service to provide access to our "free" RPZ filtering lists is way beyond a reasonable asking!

If you have the intent to use this service for some professional usage, we invite you to contact us using the various methods provided in this site or our contact formula on our main site. We would always be happy to further discuss with you a specific setup required by your environment.

Thanks.