DHCP lease

This forum is intended to provide straightforward answers for people trying to use DynFi Firewall Open Source firewalls.
We might also try to answer questions related to competitors firewall such as pfSense® and OPNsense® systems.

Moderator: gregober

dfcipa

DHCP lease

Post by dfcipa » 11 Nov 2023, 20:11

Hi,
Thank you for what looks like good effort.

I saw another post about DHCP leases and that you think its a log, ref: viewtopic.php?p=1164&hilit=leases#p1164

Yes a DHCP lease does have a log part, but to me its also an active information about a assigned device ip address and its status, so I am dissapointed not to find list with easy access to the actove DHCP lease information.

I do a lot of devices using DHCP and to find them the lease list in OPnSense/pfSense is the ideal working tool, and we often pre-assign by MAC address so the lease confirms and shows whats going on..

I also note that the Lease menu exists for other services, this may be to change later but again I point to how this information would be useful to have in an ovious place, even though I can see how a lease allocation is also a log entry to begin with.

In your previous reply you mention this is available in bottom of page, but I could not find this anywhere within logs of the version I installed latest iso off line without updates so maybe this was added later!

Please DO consider puting the lease information back where it belongs amongs the DHCP menu.

Thanks again
Cipa
gregober

Re: DHCP lease

Post by gregober » 16 Nov 2023, 15:00

You should be able to see the lease in the top right menu "Status".