On prem install of Manager

This is the place to discuss DynFi Manager installation and deployment.
Not to be confused with DynFi Firewall installation.

Moderator: gregober

along5664

On prem install of Manager

Post by along5664 » 12 Jul 2024, 22:05

I just tried to install the onprem version of Mgr to Ubuntu 22.04 following the documentation on this site. I had issues with the mongodb, but got that sorted, and proceeded on per the doc. I could not get the mgr to work. Anyone have any other suggestions or links? I saw where there is a
https://dynfi.com/scripts/DynFi_Manager ... ler.sh.tgz , which i will give a go on a fresh build of Ubuntu.
Thanks for any assist.
along5664

Re: On prem install of Manager

Post by along5664 » 16 Jul 2024, 16:04

I have tried to get this going on 2 different ubuntu 22.04 servers, and still no go. I followed the installation procedure online, and it does run the setup page which I save. I do have the conf file, and it looks right. After that I can't go to port 9090. Doing a netstat, I do not see the server listening on port 9090. I have no firewall on the server. Anyone have any suggestions? I searched for any logs, and can't find any.
gregober

Re: On prem install of Manager

Post by gregober » 29 Jul 2024, 14:03

After receiving your post we have tried the deployment procedure and it is working with no problem on Ubuntu 22.
So there must be something specific with your network or some problem with the basic install on Ubuntu 22.

Also make sure to review the install procedure for MongoDB, we try to keep up with their regular upgrades, but It is not always easy.